They say it is a once in a lifetime experience, and I almost didn't come to Boston!! I'm so glad I did, I ran, and I BQ'ed for next year! Race was harder than I expected and the weather did not cooperate but the cheers and the crowds from mile zero to mile 26.2 were just amazing and full of positive energy!!! Congrats to all that came and enjoyed the course and to all my friends that have sent me notes and messages, I read them all and I Thank you!! #fortiuscoaching #wattieinkhitsquad #trimafia #beatyesterday #beboston #bostonmarathon #timetofly
1. Favorite Trail: My favorite trail is the Backbone Trail in the Santa Monica Mountains, the single trails. I have done the vast majority of the trail but I’m still missing a few miles. The Garapito Trail is where the magic happens for me.
2. Favorite Race: Sean O’Brien 100k. This race is early in the season and weather plays a big factor. This year was muddy, but the views make it all worth it!
3. Favorite Running Fuel: Watermelon. Heavenly after mile 50!
4. Favorite Beer: Porters and Stouts, and probably going to piss a few people off but not a fan of IPA’s
5. Favorite Post-run/race Food: Quinoa, brown rice and avocados
6. Favorite Shoes: Hoka’s Challenger ATR
7. Bucket List Race: Western States and Angeles Crest 100. I’ll be doing AC100 this year!
8. Fastest Beer Mile Time: I’ve done only one. 9:13. obviously I need more practice.
9. How many miles per week do you run: Anywhere from 30 to 60 depending on where I’m at in regards to training.
10. Trail Music: No. Although I’ve started to plug in on my long street runs. Sometimes I listen to podcast or sometimes I just listen to an Apple Latin radio station.
11. You know you’re a Dirtbag when: You go to a DBR’s running camp and don’t shower for 3 days.
12. Famous runner you’d want to run with: Rich Roll
13. When was your last shower: This morning. Every day, but after a long run is always a struggle.
14. What is your crosstraining activity of choice: I’m also a triathlete, so it’s swim, bike and run. I’m not really a fan of swimming but it’s the best recovery for those long pounding running miles. Some Yoga, but I use that word very loosely.
15. Piece of gear you can’t live without: My Garmin, that thing is forever attached to my wrist.
16. What is a quirky habit you have while running: Farting?
17. Your go-to running outfit is: 5 inch shorts, singlet tops and DBR trucker hats!
18. What do you want to be when you grown up: I want to live the van life. It might take a while to get there, but eventually I will.
Anything else you’d like the DBR community to know about you: I have a twin brother and people always get us mixed up. But you will more than likely see us running together, unless it’s a race. (One is faster than the other).