Name: Kendall Peters
DBR Ambassador: Fillmore, California
1. Favorite Trail: I can’t just narrow it down to one. Ray Miller is by far my favorite local trail. Then I’d have to say Panorama Trail in Yosemite and South Kaibab in the Grand Canyon.
2. Favorite Race: I’ve only done three races so far, but I’d have to say Born to Run. It’s a great time.
3. Favorite Running Fuel: CHIPS
4. Favorite Beer: Lizard’s Mouth by Figueroa Brewery but I can’t resist a Michelada on a hot summer day. Pacifico’s or Modelo’s are my preference for that specialty.
5. Favorite Post-run/race Food: In-N-Out Burger
6. Favorite Shoes: My Luna’s.
7. Bucket List Race: I really want to do the Orcas Island 50k one day. There’s something magical about the Pacific Northwest.
8. Fastest Beer Mile Time: I’ve attempted this once and I puked after the first beer. However, if taco miles were a thing then maybe we would have a different story.
9. How many miles per week do you run: I don’t really pay attention to that. I focus on the fun times I have with the people I’m running with.
10. Trail Music: So most of the time no. I’m incredibly tiny (5’0) and I’ve always been terrified of getting taken out by a mountain lion since they are common around here. However, I’ve recently been listening to Game of Thrones on tape during my runs through my phone’s speaker. It’s awesome because it’s like I’m running through the Seven Kingdoms. Yes, I’m a huge Game of Thrones fan.
11. You know you’re a Dirtbag when: You’re gone every other weekend and your car always smells like camping. My car hasn’t been washed in a while.
12. Favorite type of Dirtbag home: My two-person backpacking tent. Backpacking with Carlos (my better half) makes me the happiest. My favorite memory was when we camped on North Dome for the night and had Half Dome as our view. It was absolutely incredible.
13. Famous runner crush: I’m still so new to this sport that I don’t even really know who’s famous.
14. Famous runner you’d want to run with: Honestly, I’d say Kim and Ellie. Have you seen their adventures lately!?!
15. When was your last shower: Yesterday after I hadn’t showered since Thursday because it was Born to Run time.
16. What is your cross training activity of choice: I love Yoga and riding my bike around town.
17. I felt most like a badass runner when: I had an all night drive with Carlos to Yosemite from Oxnard. We started running to Half Dome and made it up there in about 4 hours. I had to come down the cables quickly because a thunderstorm was coming in. We then raced thunder and lightning to the valley floor in about two or two and a half hours. Then as we were eating I realized we needed to get our backpacking permit. It was Memorial Day weekend and there was crazy traffic. Our car wasn’t going anywhere so I ran my little heart out and did the fastest mile I’ve ever done and made it just in time before the ranger station closed. The look the ranger had on his face was priceless. The next day we backpacked Upper Yosemite Falls and hiked all the way to North Dome and camped out for the evening.
18. Piece of gear you can’t live without: My hats and my Ultimate Direction Jenny vest.
19. What is a quirky habit you have while running: I bust out little dance moves when no one is looking.
20. Three words that describe your running: Mini pony running.
21. Your go-to running outfit is: I call it the field worker swag. I place a buff underneath my trucker hat. Then I pick whatever is available to me at the time.
Anything else you’d like the DBR community to know about you: I am adopted. My birth mother is from Guatemala and my birth father is from Mexico. I was born and raised in good old Southern California. I am EXTREMELY appreciative of my adopted family and love them dearly. Without them, I really don’t know where I would be today. I do want to meet my biological family but I’m also scared that maybe they don’t want to be found. Other than that I just wanted to say how thankful I am for this community. I’ve met some incredible people and you guys are always inspiring me. Happy trails guys! See ya out there!