1. Favorite Trail: I’ve never seen anything more breathtakingly beautiful than the Caballo Blanco Trail that links Urique to Batopilas in the Copper Canyons of Mexico
2. Favorite Race: Pandora 24-Hour in Prevost, Canada
4. Favorite Beer: Schöfferhofer Grapefruit Weizen-Mix from Binding-Brauerei. It’s German, it’s mixed with grapefruit juice and it’s dreamy!
5. Favorite Post-run/race Food: I love a fresh bagel with smoked salmon <3
6. Favorite Shoes: Lunas! Love the new OSO 2.0 and the Oso Flaco.
But when I sadly too often can’t wear them, I’m a big fan of Merrell’s Bare Access Trail, Inov-8 x-talon and Altra Superior or Lone Peak
8. Fastest Beer Mile Time: I have no idea, and it’s definitely not anything to write home about. However, let it be known that I am the proud discoverer of the Scurp.
9. How many miles per week do you run: Anything between none and, say, 60-ish
10. Trail Music: No. But on the very rare occasion that I do, I listen to a playlist The Dragonfly and I have created with songs we love. It’s got tunes from the 80’s, some rap, The Fray, the techno theme song to Mortal Combat and everything in-between J
11. You know you’re a Dirtbag when: You can spend multiple days just wandering around for trails to explore and need nothing more to your name than the vehicle you live in and the couple dozen items it carries!
12. Favorite type of Dirtbag home: An AWD Honda Element converted into a bit of an overlander. (His name is Dust-E and he is parked in my driveway!)
13. Famous runner crush: I have one crush and one only. The Dragonfly <3
14. Famous runner you’d want to run with: I briefly met Billy Barnett a couple years ago. He seemed like an interesting guy. It’d be cool to go for a run someday for sure.
15. When was your last shower: Hhhhmmmm. Couple days, I have to admit!
16. What is your cross training activity of choice: I’m an enthusiastic biker. I rediscovered cycling last year and although it’s kinda costly and gear-intensive, I love it!
17. I felt most like a badass runner when: I come out of a long run covered in mud.
18. Piece of gear you can’t live without: My puffy jacket! That has got to be the best invention in outdoor clothing ever made.
19. What is a quirky habit you have while running: Speaking with an over exaggerated French accent to make Luis Escobar / Pat Sweeney / pretty much any American runner laugh!
20. Your go-to running outfit is: Ladypants! I am known to be a bargain shopper for my running clothes and won’t bat an eye at buying women’s split shorts if the price is right 🙂
Anything else you’d like the DBR community to know about you:
I’ve experienced some of the absolute best days of my life traveling, running and sharing with Dirtbags from all over the place. From getting smashed at Born To Run only to run my best 50K ever the next morning to an epic rim-to-rim-to-rim crossing of the Grand Canyon, I have spent some unforgettable moments with my DBR brothers and sisters that I will cherish up to my last breath <3