In an effort to shed a bigger spotlight on our badass group of Dirtbag Ambassadors, we’re separating our weekly update & Get to Know posts. Without further ado…
1. Favorite Trail: Arnold Rim Trail up Hwy. 4
2. Favorite Race: Fourmidable 50k right here in Auburn, I try and run it every year. It covers four of the toughest, most well-known climbs in Auburn and has a great vibe.
3. Favorite Running Fuel: Salted Watermelon GU
4. Favorite Beer: Dope Is King Pale Ale by Brewing Lair if I have to pick only one. I’m into beer as much as I’m into running and Sacramento is a great place to have those 2 hobbies.
5. Favorite Post-run/race Food: Vegan pizza and lots of it!
6. Favorite Shoes: New Balance with the fresh foam soles.
7. Bucket List Race: Until I finally get in it has to be Western States. Maybe 2017 will finally be my year.
8. Fastest Beer Mile Time: 8:12
9. How many miles per week do you run: 50-75 miles when training for a 100, usually around 30 when not.
10. Trail Music (yes/no): No
11. You know you’re a Dirtbag when: You have baby wipes always nearby to clean up, who needs showers?
12. Favorite type of Dirtbag home: Tent or truck.
13. Famous runner crush: Anna Frost
14. Famous runner you’d want to run with: Trail runners aren’t famous
15. When was your last shower: It’s a workday so yesterday.
16. If forced to use one, Treadmill or ElliptiGO: Treadmill. As a parent it’s a must. I’ve even done a few 50k’s on one.
17. I felt most like a badass runner when: When I completed Rio Del Lago, my first 100 miler.
18. Piece of gear you can’t live without: DBR hat always
19. What is a quirky habit you have while running: No idea but wife says I always run with limp wrists.
20. Three words that describe your running: Adventure, friends, beer.
21. Your go-to running outfit is: DBR hat, Singletrack Running shirt, and now the newly added Goodr running sunglasses, they’re awesome.
Anything else you’d like the DBR community to know about you? I’m lucky to have the awesome wife that I do who is my sidekick in all of this. I love you all, seriously. Let’s go run and have a beer!