Name: Kara Clark
DBR Ambassador: Seattle (previously with the DBR Los Angeles team)
1. Favorite Trail: Lake Serene Gold Bar, WA or Ray Miller in Malibu, CA
2. Favorite Race: Way too Cool 50K or American River
3. Favorite Running Fuel: Honey Stinger waffles
4. Favorite Beer: Anderson Valley’s Blood Orange Gose Highway 128 Session Series
5. Favorite Post-run/race Food: Turkey burgers with all of the fixin’s: a fried egg and bacon is a must.
6. Favorite Shoes: I am a bit of a shoe whore…so, currently I love my Lunas, my Hoka ATR Challengers, and for road, my Adidas Pureboost x.
7. Bucket List Race: IF I ever run a 100: Leadville.
8. Fastest Beer Mile Time: I have somehow NEVER been involved in a beer mile. Shocking, I know.
9. How many miles per week do you run: 25-35 miles a week
10. Trail Music: No- I enjoy the music of nature
11. You know you’re a Dirtbag when: You take pride in how dirty your legs get during a trail run.
12. Favorite type of Dirtbag home: Tent
13. Famous runner crush: Hal Koerner. Duh.
14. Famous runner you’d want to run with: If he were still with us, Micah True. His energy seems like it was so warm and welcoming to all paces and people.
15. When was your last shower: Actually, last night. Nothing too exciting here 😛
16. If forced to use one: Treadmill or ElliptiGO? Treadmill. Way back in the day, I was actually a treadmill runner.. so, while I hate it now, I could get used to it again if forced to.
17. I felt most like a badass runner when: At Coldwater Rumble in January, I fell on top of two cacti.. and had them embedded into my knee and calf. Along with that, my hands were thrashed from skidding down the rocks with my hands out to brace the fall. For the cacti needles, we had to have them ripped out there on the course- and I continued on with the race, even though it hurt like hell. I DID consider dropping- but sitting down for a few hours and drinking beers, eating, and my crew so kindly coaxing (aka, having to baby me) got me back out there.
18. Piece of gear you can’t live without: My Suunto
19. What is a quirky habit you have while running: Hilariously, in longer distance races, I cry.. a lot. If you see me during a race crying (or puking), don’t worry too much about me.. it’s normal, and I will get over it within a mile or two.
20. Three words that describe your running: fun, consistent and slow.
21. Your go-to running outfit is: Anything InknBurn. But- I have been close to living in their new running skirts, so I am usually reaching for one of those first. And a DBR hat, of course.
Anything else you’d like the DBR community to know about you?
If we ever cross paths- come say hi! One of my favorite things about Dirtbags is how much it brings the trail community together.. and I take immense joy in getting to meet people from wherever you are from, and whenever it is. Also, I am just learning the trails of the Pacific Northwest.. so, hopefully if any of you visit, I can soon give you recommendations of rad places to go!