Name: Cassie Brown
DBR Ambassador: Arkansas/Fayetteville, AR
1. Favorite Trail: We have so many gorgeous trails here that it’s tough to choose just one. Obviously, all of the trails at the Buffalo National River are amazing. But locally, my favorite trails are Mt. Kessler, Mt. Sequoyah, Blowing Springs and also Fossil Flats at Devils Den State Park.
2. Favorite Race: This is a tough one! I’ve narrowed it down to two: War Eagle at Hobbs State Park and Full Moon 50k. Both are run on some pretty beautiful trails, and both have top notch aid (the food is always important!) War Eagle always has a pretty sweet race shirt, too.
3. Favorite Running Fuel: Tailwind. If I’m out longer than a couple hours I take along s’caps, peanut butter stuffed pretzels and dried cranberries. At aid stations I eat potatoes with salt and M&Ms.
4. Favorite Beer: I have an array of favorite craft beers, and it usually changes as the seasons change. Currently in my beer fridge you’ll find mostly local stuff- some pale ales and IPA’s. Tommyknocker Blood Orange IPA is a current favorite.
5. Favorite Post-run/race Food: Protein shake, beer, and ANY FOOD that sounds good. (In that order!)
6. Favorite Shoes: Brooks Pure Grit
7. Bucket List Race: Nothing in particular, but eventually I would like to run R2R2R and a 100 miler…and a beer mile. Big dreams, baby!
8. How many miles per week do you run: No more than 40
9. You know you’re a Dirtbag when: You poop in the woods
10. Famous runner you’d want to run with: Jenn Shelton