Name: Natosha Hoover
DBR Ambassador: San Luis Obispo, California
1. Favorite Trail: This is a tough question. There are so many amazing trails out there. I would have to say the one I enjoy myself the most would be the Vincente Flat Trail. It’s in the Big Sur area. Once you get to the top of the +5,000′ Cone Peak, the view is breathtaking.
2. Favorite Race: Well, mine would have to be Born to Run. It was my first Ultra and one of my biggest accomplishments. Lots of tears when I crossed the finish line.
3. Favorite Running Fuel: Pretzels, chocolate, watermelon, and quesadillas!!!! I usually keep chocolate and pretzels in my pack.
4. Favorite Beer: Okay, this is like asking a mother who her favorite child is. I have one in every category of beer but for the sake of readers I’ll just name a couple:
*Old Rasputin Russian Imperial Stout: Its very dark and pretty much a meal in itself.
*The Lost Abbey Framboise De Amorosa: It’s a sour that is lively and dry with a great balance of fruit and acidity.
5. Favorite Post-run Food: Well, mine would be Pizza, Beer, and chocolate milk hahaha!
6. Favorite Shoes: I’m kinda a shoe nerd considering I work at Running Warehouse and test out shoes all the time! But right now I have a few favorites: Luna Sandals, Altra Superior, and New Balance Minimus.
7. Bucket List Race: I have a few in mind! Mount Marathon in Alaska, Chimera 100, Iron Man Coeur d’ Alene, and Laugavegur Ultra Iceland.
8. Fastest Beer Mile: HAHAHAHAHHAA, SOOOO painful, but my fastest time is around 19 min.
9. Miles per Week: Well, on average is around 20-25. When I’m training for a race usually around 35-45 a week.
10. Trail Music: It depends on my mood. But when I do I usually listen to Macklemore.
11. You know you’re a Dirtbag when: I get mad when I get a pedi because they still charge me full price even though I don’t usually have all my toenails (7-8 average).
12. Favorite type of Dirtbag home: Mine would be a sleeping bag under the stars in 15 degree weather…thanks to my partner in crime, Kevin.
13. Famous runner crush: Always and forever Anton Krupicka ( it’s the dirty beard and long hair).
14. Famous runner I would love to run with: I would love to run with Anna Frost. I would love to pick her brain about all of her adventures.
15. When was your last shower: Well, today. I am a special needs teacher and one major thing I teach is, hygiene. So I guess I should make an example, hahaha!
16. If forced to use one – Treadmill or ElliptiGO: Always treadmill! Lol
17. I felt most like a badass runner when: I crossed the finish line of my first 50 mile race with a beer in hand!
18. Piece of gear you can’t live without: My UD hydration pack. I take it everywhere.
19. What is a quirky habit you have while running: I tend to dance a lot when I’m on the trails, hahaha!
20. Three words that describe your running: “Back of Pack”
21. Your go-to running outfit: SPANDEX and a Tank top.
Anything else you’d like the DBR community to know about you?
If you are ever in my neck of the woods come say hi! There will always be a meal and a couch with your name on it. Kevin and I would love to take you on some trails around here. I hope to connect with some of you!
I also <3 Anton Krupicka 🙂
Comments are closed.