1. Favorite Trail: My favorite trail is called The Yellow Brick Road in Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada. Far, far north. In the Yukon, the moose outnumber people. AMAZING trails.
2. Favorite Running Fuel: Wild berries
3. Favorite Beer: Whatever’s cold right now
4. Favorite Shoes: Luna Sandals or barefoot
5. Fastest Beer Mile: DNF DNF DNF DNF
6. You know you’re a Dirtbag when: You had to drive an hour from your campsite just to fill out these questions
8. When was your last shower: Um… what month is it? It’s been at least one season cause all the leaves changed. Three total in 2016 so far.
9. Gear you can’t live without: Dogs
10. Quirky habit you have while running: Hugging trees and sometimes giving them high fives when no one is looking
Be sure to check out Vanessa’s website to find out more about her, become part of her tribe and to take a look at the two books she’s written: Daughters of Distance: Stories of Women in Endurance Sports & The Summit Seeker: Memoirs of a Trail-Running Nomad
If you didn’t get a chance to read Vanessa’s article for The Guardian, check it out here!