Name: Kyle Konczal
DBR Ambassador: Denver, Colorado
The ultra running community is something special! Beautiful day to spend hiking, supporting and cheering at #Dirty30 Congrats to all the runners on today's race, especially all the first time ultra runners I saw today!! Special congrats to Coach @runjosharthur on a second place finish and @ani_weiss making the first steps towards #LT100 #dirtbagrunners #fluidnutrition #mutrunner #trailandultra #runlove
1. Favorite Trail: Too many to choose from, can I just say the entire state of Colorado?! But, my go to is Hayden Green Mountain Open Space in Lakewood, CO (it is legit my backyard!)
2. Favorite Race: Breck Crest Trail Marathon (Breckenridge, CO). Once you get up the peaks, the views are absolutely beautiful!
3. Favorite Running Fuel: vFuel Gels & Endurance Drink and Clif Nut Butter Bars
4. Favorite Beer: Upslope White Thai IPA, recently was introduced to Finkel & Garf! A shake up is imminent!
5. Favorite Post-run/race Food: Chipotle Veggie Burrito and Fluid Nutrition Recovery (Berry Treasure)
6. Favorite Shoes: Altra Lone Peak’s & Superiors
7. Bucket List Race: Hardrock 100, UTMB & Nolan’s 14
8. How many miles per week do you run: Currently average 60 miles (or about 8-10 hours) with 10k+ vert
9. Trail Music: That new jam from Mother Nature, been a #1 forever!
10. You know you’re a Dirtbag when: …the back of your truck is more comfortable than your own bed at home.
11. Favorite type of Dirtbag home: Toyota Tacoma
12. Famous runner crush: Kaci Lickteig and Sally McRae, both are bad asses!
13. When was your last shower: Sadly this morning…
14. If forced to use one, Treadmill or ElliptiGO: Cringe thinking of both.. but I stomach the treadmill if conditions are crappy enough.
15. I felt most like a badass runner when: Roll into an aid station at 2015 North Face California 50k.
AS volunteer: “Are you okay, you are bleeding from your head.”
Me: “Really? Must have been that tree that ran into me”
…keeps on running.
16. Piece of gear you can’t live without: The ever versatile Buff! Keeps me warm, wipes my sweat, great snot rag and acts as a band aid to stop the bleeding!
17. What is a quirky habit you have while running: I don’t know about quirky, but I have been known to come back cut up or bleeding in some way, shape or form.
18. Three words that describe your running: Never. Stop. Exploring.
19. Your go-to running outfit is: Trucker Hat, Buff, Tee, Shorts, Swiftwick Socks and Altra kicks.
Anything else you’d like the DBR community to know about you?
Life is short, never stop exploring and always challenge your comfort zone! This past summer was a big jump for me with getting out and exploring more than ever. Since July, I drove 7,500 mi with my new truck to six states and a ton of mountain adventures. The experiences, memories and friendships I have made will last me a lifetime… but I know this is just the beginning!