Name: Oddysey Gastelum
DBR Ambassador: Southern California
“We must live this moment intensely. One day you might look back and think: Wow, those days were great! I lived, I really lived. I listened to good music, watched magic sunsets, had a blast with nature, and I was dancing in the rain.” – Sereno Sky I hope to do this throughout my entire life. ❁ ❁ ❁ ❁ ❁ ❁ ❁ #DirtbagRunners #SanGorgonio #Trailrunning #RunHappy #Adventure #Green #TrailChix #MakeTimeForNature #Simplicity I need to try and "fall in love" w my hometown, which means dirt, zero altitude, and more dirt. Woot!
1. Favorite trail: I haven’t ran many trails, but my favorite has to be part of the PCT by San Diego because it’s when I was first introduced to trail running!
2. Favorite race? BTR. DUH
3. Favorite post race food: a juicy ass cheeseburger or sandwich thing with fries and lots of ketchup.
4. Bucket list race: I really want to do Badwater because I grew up in 130°F weather. Bring it!
5. Fastest Beer Mile Time: Beer Mile 2 Ody 0
6. Trail music: No.
7. You know you’re a Dirtbag when: You strike a pose while popping a squat in shrubs that probably didn’t cover anything oops!
8. Famous runner crush: Anton Kroopishca or Jenn Shelton
9. What is a quirky habit you have while running: I go commando! Do not need unnecessary murfs in my life.
10. My go-to running outfit is: Currently my dark green Cuesta shorts, sleeveless Running Sucks tech tee, black DBR hat, & Sweeney bandito!
Name: Greg Ponce
DBR Ambassador: Van Life
1. Favorite trail: Whichever one I’m running
2. Favorite race: Born to Run Ultra Marathons
3. Favorite running fuel: Food. Any real food.
4. Favorite beer: Beer #3 during a beer mile
5. Favorite post-run/race food: A fat burrito.
6. Favorite shoes: Luna Sandals
7. Bucket list race: CBUM
8. Fastest beer mile time: I beat Bobby once.
9. How many miles per week do you run: Classified.
10. Trail music: None except what the trail provides.
11. You know a dirtbag when: You spend (or try to spend) all your time doing what you love.
12. Favorite type of dirtbag home: Whatever is closest to the trails.
13. Famous runner crush: Steve Prefontaine
14. Famous runner you’d want to run with: Kilian Jornet to see how I stack up.
15. When was your last shower: Lol
16. I felt most like a badass runner when: I ate shit bombing down Mt. Langley
17. Piece of gear you can’t life without: Patagonia puffy. I’m from the desert.
18. What is a quirky habit you have while running: I get something in my eye every time I run uphill.
19. Three words that describe your running: Inhale exhale repeat.
20. Your go-to running outfit is: shorts.
Anything else you’d like the DBR community to know about you?
Hit me up if you wanna run. I climb and surf too or we can jam or drink beers. I’m currently parked around SLO, CA. Willing to drive.
Bonus Round! Let’s see how Ody & Greg answer questions about each other!
Greg Answering for Ody:
1. If your partner could change into a famous runner, who would they be? Emelie Forsberg or Jenn Shelton depending on who posted last ?
2. What is the most annoying part of running together? Hills get her really grumpy. She’s actually always in a constant state of grump.
3. If Ody could no longer run, what would she do with her spare time? Make a bunch of art and maybe a garden. Bake. Watch Netflix. Mostly sleep though.
4. Favorite inebriated memory of Ody? DBR prom at BTR 2016 by far the craziest most fun drunk I’ve seen her. I’m still trying to remember that night.
Ody Answering for Greg:
1. If your partner could change into a famous runner, who would they be? Killian Jornet, without a doubt or he would jokingly say Luis Escobar and continue to do a flawless impression.
2. What is the most annoying part of running together? He talks too much (I’m trying to breath here!), but probably comes up with his best ideas while running and I remember it or else he forgets forever.
3. If Greg could no longer run, what would he do with his spare time? He would do extensive research figuring out how to heal himself before accepting it. Calisthenics, climbing, making anything and everything efficient, creating the perfect permaculture site, improving recipes. Farting…
4. Favorite inebriated memory of Greg? I honestly can’t remember a clear memory of Greg, so I’m just going to say that time at 2016 BTR when Greg had me on his shoulders and Josue Stephens tried to pick both of us up onto his shoulders and we all fell to the ground. It felt like we fell on a pillow of clouds. That was fun.