1. Favorite Trail: John Muir Trail
2. Favorite Race: Born to Run! Although it’s less of a race, more of a weeklong party…and then a monthlong hangover…
3. Favorite Running Fuel: Coconut strips & banana chips.
4. Favorite Beer: Allagash Curieux or Ninkasi Critical Hit barley wine
5. Favorite Post-run/race Food: see question 4, and add a veggie burrito.
6. Favorite Shoes: LUNA Sandals!
7. Bucket List Race: Grand to Grand stage race. I’m slow and I like to carry my own gear.
8. Fastest Beer Mile Time: 8:30-something. It’s the only distance I’m competitive at.
9. How many miles per week do you run: Depends on the week. One week I did 173. Some weeks I don’t run at all. I’m not into plans, just go with whatever I feel like doing.
10. Trail Music: No, although I used audiobooks once during the Born to Run 4-Day. I was alone on a ranch for hours at a time, with Roland of Gilead to keep my company.
11. You know you’re a Dirtbag when: you don’t care about how badly you smell, because your friends smell worse.
12. Favorite type of Dirtbag home: Under the stars, just my Thermarest & quilt.
13. Famous runner crush: Chris Rios’ beard.
14. Famous runner you’d want to run with: See above.
15. When was your last shower: I like to save water. During my workweek I shower every other day. Weekends, I go without.
16. What is your crosstraining activity of choice: Pub-crawling. They’re a lot like bear-crawling, with less bears & more pubs.
17. I felt most like a badass runner when: I literally ran from a fire, for 15 miles in, after already running 15 out.
18. Piece of gear you can’t live without: My sandals! Oh and a bandana. So versatile, especially if that cup of coffee hits me at an inconvenient time…
19. What is a quirky habit you have while running: My eyes water when I run downhill. It’s very conducive to not tripping and falling on my ass.
20. Three words that describe your running: Probably Still Drunk
21. Your go-to running outfit is: Whatever smells the cleanest. Usually a cheap cotton tank and clearance rack shorts.
22. What’s the most Dirtbaggy thing you’ve ever done: After a 21-day backpacking trip in the High Sierras, we needed to hitch a ride into town. I felt bad for the scent emanating from my pits, so I went into the trailhead bathroom, grabbed a round air freshener from the wall, and rubbed it all over. Not sure if it worked. My boyfriend is convinced it was a urinal cake, but that is neither here nor there.
Anything else you’d like the DBR community to know about you: Just get out there. It’s not about the image, it’s about the feeling you get when you’re burping up last night’s Allagash, tears blinding your vision as you fly downhill while dreaming of Rios’ beard.