DBR Ambassador: Core Team – Community Outreach Specialist & Copywriter
2. Favorite Running Fuel: VFuel for gels and powder during a race. Physiophyx for recovery (there’s nothing quite like the taste of bull semen and lemonade to alleviate the pain)
3. Favorite Beer: Bourbon
5. Fastest Beer Mile Time: 58 minutes.
6. Trail Music: Rarely do I listen to music during during a trail race but if I have headphones in, I need to hear “Time To Run” by Lord Huron in the first hour, “Sweet Disposition” by The Temper Trap in the middle of a race, and “Hurts So Good” by John Mellencamp at the 3/4th mark. The space in between those songs are filled in with The Free Willy Theme song or one hit wonders from the nineties.
7. You know you’re a Dirtbag when: You have this undeniable urge to explore. And an infinite love of beer. And the mouth of a sailor.
9. Famous runner crush: I’ve shamelessly tried to take pictures of Hal Koerner lapping me in the midst of a hundred miler. Pretty certain I yelled at him to take his shirt off a minimum of 4 times. It didn’t work.
10. When was your last shower: I got caught in the rain today and that should count for something.
11. What is your crosstraining activity of choice: Snowboarding. I also enjoy attempting to touch my toes during yoga.
13. What is a quirky habit you have while running: I eat McDonalds before big races and I typically run with hamburgers in my pocket. I also take lots of naps.
14. Three words that describe your running: Little Asian Shuffle.
15. Your go-to running outfit is: Short shorts and a trucker hat.
Anything else you’d like the DBR community to know about you: If you’ve encountered me during any DBR events, you probably already know/have seen too much of me.