DBR Ambassador: Co-founder & CFO – Littleton, Colorado
1. Favorite Trail: It’s more than one trail, but my favorite run to date has to be R2R2R in the Grand Canyon.
2. Favorite Race: I’m most proud of my 2016 Angeles Crest 100 Finish, but the most fun race is Born to Run hands down!
3. Favorite Running Fuel: I’m a big fan of Salted Caramel Gu’s and Vanilla Cliff shots. Later in races I don’t like to eat much but can typically stick to broth and Gu Chomps.
4. Favorite Beer: PBR, there always seems to be some around! Although I really miss Hoppy Poppy from Figueroa Mountain in Santa Barbara.
5. Favorite Post-run/race Food: Burritos and PBR!
6. Favorite Shoes: I’m currently running in Inov-8 Roclite 305’s. They are my new go to and the best I’ve found in the winter conditions around Denver right now!
7. Bucket List Race: The typical Western States 100 and Hardrock 100. I’d love to do some overseas races as well.
8. Fastest Beer Mile Time: Seriously, this is an embarrassing question. I think it’s about 17 minutes. I’m not sure I can do any more beer miles, I may not make the cutoffs…
9. How many miles per week do you run: It varies with my travel schedule, it’s about time to get back into training now so will be building up to 50-70 miles per week
10. Trail Music: Not typically, I’d rather enjoy just being out in nature!
11. You know you’re a Dirtbag when: Most of your free time is spent thinking about how to continue to build out the sleeping area in the back of your truck so you can live/work out of it for extended periods of time.
12. Favorite type of Dirtbag home: See above. The back of my truck is more comfortable to me than my apartment. I had some serious withdrawals on a recent trip when I was in a tent instead of my truck.
13. Famous runner crush: Jenn Shelton, I tried to talk to her at Born to Run one year (after quite a few too many beers), I think my chances are seriously diminished.
14. Famous runner you’d want to run with: Steve Prefontaine. The movie “Without Limits” was one of my favorites in High School and we’d watch it before a lot of races.
15. When was your last shower: This morning, I have to be a cleaned up Dirtbag when traveling for work.
16. What is your crosstraining activity of choice: Right now it’s skiing/snowshoeing. I’m trying to make the most of my first winter in the Denver mountains.
17. I felt most like a badass runner when: I crossed the finish line at Javelina Jundred in under 24 hours. I stuck to my race plan and everything went just right that race. I also had the best crew/pacers in the world and never would have succeeded without them.
18. Piece of gear you can’t live without: My Rabbit Daisy Dukes and my DBR hat collection
19. Three words that describe your running: Free. Light. Relentless.
20. Your go-to running outfit is: Rabbit Daisy Duke Running shorts, DBR Hat, and Inov-8 Roclite 305’s.
Anything else you’d like the DBR community to know about you:
I love running with and meeting new people. If you’re ever in the Littleton area, definitely hit me up and I’d love to take you out/join you on a run and/or grab a beer!! As my friend Luis has told me; I’m good at running, I’m good at drinking beer, but shitty at doing them at the same time (see my beer mile time above).
This community is, without a doubt, the most amazing thing I’ve ever been a part of. I really can’t thank y’all Dirtbags enough!! Run Free and Stay Dirty!!