Name: Gina Crosswhite
DBR Ambassador: Bellingham, Washington
1. Favorite Trail: Skyline Divide at Mount Baker in Washington State, about 45 minutes from where I live. If you ever come to visit WA in spring or summer … it is a must do!
2. Favorite Race: Wasatch 100. Ridiculously hard, mentally, physically, emotionally, but the reward was oh so sweet. Plus it helps that I had two awesome pacers to help me earn that buckle!
3. Favorite Running Fuel: I use Gatorade Endurance for hydration and Gatorade Endurance chews. For 50k plus … I love a tortilla with peanut butter, salted potatoes, and pretzels.
4. Favorite Beer: …. Um pass, I’ll take a Gin and Tonic or glass of Red.
5. Favorite Post-run/race Food: Coffee and an omelet if it’s still early. Otherwise, pizza, a burger, and fries!
6. Favorite Shoes: Brooks PureGrit
7. Bucket List Race: Western States 100
8. Fastest Beer Mile Time: Sign me up! Sounds fun and even though I don’t drink beer, I’m totally down for this.
9. How many miles per week do you run: 100+ …. I kid, I kid. Some weeks 20, some weeks 60+. I don’t pay too much attention to my stats and have a newfound love for not rounding up. I will often stop my watch on an odd number: 1.99 or 5.89 or 15.77 … just because I can.
10. Trail Music: Sometimes yes, most times no. However, in my last 20 mile trail race, I listened to AC/DC on shuffle for the last 7 miles.
11. You know you’re a Dirtbag when: wet, gooey, mud makes you giddy AND … you must climb all the hills in sight just because YOU CAN.
12. Favorite type of Dirtbag home: Can’t lie here … I’m a fan of my own bed in my own house.
13. Famous runner crush: nah … I don’t crush on famous people. Only on my love, R.
14. When was your last shower: Not so dirtbag of me, because I love showers. Sometimes 2 or 3 in a day. And, I’m a ridiculous tooth brushing diva. At least 7-8 times per day. What can I say, I’m a total oxymoron, I love being clean, but also enjoy running all the dirt trails.
15. What is your crosstraining activity of choice: Biking!
16. I felt most like a badass runner when: I ran the entire Kalalau Trail solo in the summer of 2015. I biffed it hard in a stream crossing about 4 miles in and was completely soaked from head to toe for the entire 22 miles and I loved every minute of it.
17. Piece of gear you can’t live without: a trucker hat.
18. What is a quirky habit you have while running: sucking on Fireballs
19. Three words that describe your running: Every. Day. #runstreak
20. Your go-to running outfit is: Shorts, ProCompression socks, Brooks Running trail shoes, tank top, buff, UltrAspire hydration pack and DBR trucker hat. Boom!
21. What do you want to be when you grow up: a barista at Starbucks. 🙂
Anything else you’d like the DBR community to know about you:
I cherish the friendships I’ve made near and far because of this awesome DBR community! If you are ever in WA, north of Seattle, please shoot me a note because I’d love to go for a run! And, yes, I’m just like my online profile … silly, goofy, happy, positive, friendly and I can’t lip sync (for those that watch my IG Stories … you’re welcome). 🙂
Sweet! My bf and I just moved to B-ham – hope to see you on the trails! Can’t wait to check out Skyline Divide!
Comments are closed.