Name: David Lipman
DBR Ambassador: Quensland, Australia
1. Favorite Trail: Hillary Trail Section 7 in New Zealand. Those views and that single track!
2. Favorite Race: Run Forrest in Western Victoria. Gorgeous trail! Always great weather and has a brewery with great coffee, beer and food less than 5 minutes away!
3. Favorite Running Fuel: Pre-run, I LOVE a bulletproof coffee, but will settle for a black coffee.
4. Favorite Beer: Coffee. But you can twist my arm into a microbrewed pale ale 😉
5. Favorite Post-run/race Food: Smoothie, all day err’day!
6. Favorite Shoes: On trail I love the Mizuno Hayate. Mizuno Hitogami on the black stuff.
7. Bucket List Race: I have a whole list…Legit. But the next one I will probably tick off is the Outback Marathon.
8. How many miles per week do you run: I am busy building back up to 70km/week (around 45 miles)
9. Trail Music: No, definitely not!
10. You know you’re a Dirtbag when: You’re happiest when covered in dirt and sweat post-trail with no yearn at all for a shower.
11. Favorite type of Dirtbag home: A fellow dirtbag’s couch for a new trail the next day
12. Famous runner crush: Roger Bannister
13. Famous runner you’d want to run with: Roger Bannister
14. What is your crosstraining activity of choice: Lifting weights! SOOO underdone by most runners if you ask me.
15. I felt most like a badass runner when: I’m descending some technical trail past all the road runners ;P
16. Piece of gear you can’t live without: My pack. No pack=no trail and no trail=no sanity.
17. Three words that describe your running: Dirty. Vert. Hurt.
18. Your go-to running outfit is: Compression socks, DBR trucker (worn backwards of course) and DBR bandana around the wrist.
19. What do you want to be when you grown up: Someone who is able to travel to trails worldwide. But by day I do the doctor thing…
Anything else you’d like the DBR community to know about you:
I love sharing the trail with fellow Dirtbags so please hit me up if you’re in my neck of the woods!