Name: Alex Carrion
DBR Ambassador: Simi Valley, California
1. Favorite Trail: My favorite trail is the Backbone Trail in the Santa Monica Mountains, the single trails. I have done the vast majority of the trail but I’m still missing a few miles. The Garapito Trail is where the magic happens for me.
2. Favorite Race: Sean O’Brien 100k. This race is early in the season and weather plays a big factor. This year was muddy, but the views make it all worth it!
3. Favorite Running Fuel: Watermelon. Heavenly after mile 50!
4. Favorite Beer: Porters and Stouts, and probably going to piss a few people off but not a fan of IPA’s
5. Favorite Post-run/race Food: Quinoa, brown rice and avocados
6. Favorite Shoes: Hoka’s Challenger ATR
7. Bucket List Race: Western States and Angeles Crest 100. I’ll be doing AC100 this year!
8. Fastest Beer Mile Time: I’ve done only one. 9:13. obviously I need more practice.
9. How many miles per week do you run: Anywhere from 30 to 60 depending on where I’m at in regards to training.
10. Trail Music: No. Although I’ve started to plug in on my long street runs. Sometimes I listen to podcast or sometimes I just listen to an Apple Latin radio station.
11. You know you’re a Dirtbag when: You go to a DBR’s running camp and don’t shower for 3 days.
12. Famous runner you’d want to run with: Rich Roll
13. When was your last shower: This morning. Every day, but after a long run is always a struggle.
14. What is your crosstraining activity of choice: I’m also a triathlete, so it’s swim, bike and run. I’m not really a fan of swimming but it’s the best recovery for those long pounding running miles. Some Yoga, but I use that word very loosely.
15. Piece of gear you can’t live without: My Garmin, that thing is forever attached to my wrist.
16. What is a quirky habit you have while running: Farting?
17. Your go-to running outfit is: 5 inch shorts, singlet tops and DBR trucker hats!
18. What do you want to be when you grown up: I want to live the van life. It might take a while to get there, but eventually I will.
Anything else you’d like the DBR community to know about you: I have a twin brother and people always get us mixed up. But you will more than likely see us running together, unless it’s a race. (One is faster than the other).