1. Favorite Trail: What kind of question is this?! How am I supposed to pick?! I guess I would go with the Colorado Trail. Purely because it counts as one trail! It’s just shy of 500 miles and offers all the Colorado goods. Most importantly the San Juans ?
2. Favorite Post-run Food: What kind of runner/dirtbag would I be if I didn’t say Chipotle?
3. Favorite Running Fuel: Scandinavian Swimmers and Peanut Butter Pretzels from Trader Joe’s. And bagels. You can’t go wrong with bagels.
4. Bucket List Race: I hate myself for saying Barkley Marathons… but yeah. Them. Also, obviously, Hardrock. And I’d love to give Nolan’s 14 a go in the next couple years!
5. How many miles per week do you run: I don’t train with a schedule, I run when I wanna run. Which is ALL THE TIME. I probably average 80-100 miles a week during race season.
6. Favorite Shoes: I absolutely love Brooks. The Adrenaline’s are the only shoes that keep my feet happy!
7. You know you’re a Dirtbag when: You always have a hat on hand because your greasy, sweaty hair makes everyone uncomfortable.
8. When was your last shower: I just got home from a weekend climbing trip in Indian Creek, and before that I ran a 24 hour race… I guess I’m working on six days. And that’s six real sweaty, hot and sandy days. I should actually get on that…
9. What is your cross training activity of choice: Climbing! Backpacking! Skiing! Oh, and rollerblading. Literally anything outside.
10. I felt most like a badass runner when: I came up with a stupid birthday challenge… I decided to get 21k of vertical gain for my 21st birthday. I did it over the course of 70 miles. It was incredible. I guess the 100 finish was cool, too.
11. What is a quirky habit you have while running: I smile way too much when I’m suffering.
12. Your go-to running outfit is: Adventure pants (PJs), adventure hat (depends on the season, but it’s a toss up between a giant fuzzy Pom-Pom hat, a cowboy hat, and my DBR hat), and usually a cat shirt.