Name: Josh Wentzell
DBR Ambassador: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
1. FavoriteTrail: Laurel Highlands Hiking Trail
2. Favorite Race: Patapsco Valley Trail Fest 26.2++
3. Favorite Running Fuel: Mas Korima and Clif Bloks
4. Favorite Beer: Helltown Mischevious Brown from my home town of Mt. Pleasant, PA
5. FavoritePost-run/race Food: It depends. I have days where I’ll eat super healthy after a
run or race, and then other days I just want some greasy vegan food.
6. Favorite Shoes: Luna Sandals. I haven’t wore shoes in almost two years.
7. Bucket List Race: Is it stereotypical to say Leadville 100 or Western States? Well, either
way, Leadville or WS.
8. Fastest Beer Mile Time: I’ll let you know when I have done one, lets organize a virtual
DBR beer mile!
9. How many miles per week do you run: It depends, right now I hover around 40-75 miles.
10. Trail Music: No.
11. Favorite type of Dirtbag home: If it’s just me, my Honda CRV. If it’s me, my girlfriend
and our dogs, then our tent.
12. Famous runner crush: Is Andrea Casella Kooiman famous enough? If not Heather Kampf.
13. Famous runner you’d want to run with: Jim Walmsley or Zach Miller
14. When was your last shower: Yesterday…Not very Dirt Baggy huh? Gotta keep clean for
my 9 to 5.
15. What is your crosstraining activity of choice: Biking. Currently road, want to get a
mountain bike though.
16. I felt most like a badass runner when: Probably most when it’s night, running trails with
my headlamp, barely seeing while running in the middle of the woods, something special
17. Piece of gear you can’t live without: Backwards Hat. Which is always a Dirtbag Runners
18. What is a quirky habit you have while running: I can’t keep a bottle in one hand, I
rotate every couple miles.
19. Your go-to running outfit is: Saucony Endorphin Shorts and my favorite singlet from
pacing Buffalo Marathon
Anything else you’d like the DBR community to know about you:
I registered for my first half marathon before ever running a single mile and was almost 300lbs! Over the next six months I lost 120lbs and started training for my first full marathon.