Name: Chad Hinkle
DBR Ambassador: Central Coast, California
1. Favorite Trail: The Arroyo Seco Gorge is one of my favorite trails. (But who can pick a favorite). It isn’t very runnable, but you have to/get to swim. There are plenty of trails near there that are fun to run too.
2. Favorite Race: For Dirtbags that have been, this question should read, “Favorite Race (that isn’t BTR)”. Born to Run is so much more. Also, the races at Spooners Cove and Montana de Oro are great low key trail races that are about running and enjoying a beautiful spot on the coast and pushing yourself to get up and down some of the best trails in this area.
3. Favorite Running Fuel: PB&J and salty potatoes deep in a race are better than anything in a foil packet.
4. Favorite Beer: The beer in my hand is my favorite. Like trails, how can you pick just one. Steve Kitts brews up some delicious post run beverages at Naughty Oak Brewery here in Orcutt. No wonder its where the Santa Maria Valley Trail Runners gather every week.
5. Favorite Post-run/race Food: Burritos are the best! Pizza is a close second though.
6. Favorite Shoes: Altra Lone Peaks have been taking pretty good care of my feet. Barefoot beach runs are second best.
7. Bucket List Race: A beer mile…maybe I’m failing at dirtbagging, but I’m winning at enjoying my beers as I spectate.
8. Miles per week: 40ish miles a week, depending on life.
9. Trail Music: Sometimes I sing to myself on the trail.
10. Favorite type of Dirtbag home: The ground. Maybe a tarp or tent if the weather is going to be like that.
11. Famous Runner you’d want to run with: I would love to run in the desert with George Washington Hayduke.
12. What is your crosstraining activity of choice: I was a dirtbag climber before I became a dirtbag runner. Rock climbing would have to be my cross training. But I did start running to improve my mountain unicycling prowess.
13. I felt most like a badass runner when: That moment when you are swooping down some trail, and everything is good, my feet feel good, my legs feel strong, my lungs are full, then I get chills… That is when I feel the most bad ass.
14. Piece of gear you can’t live without: Stark in the dark.
15. Your go-to running outfit is: Spacey shorts…because they are fun.
Anything else you’d like the DBR community to know about you:
Beyond running I’m a dad, a musician, a climber and a trail & open space advocate…
We like Chad
Comments are closed.